Thursday, January 26, 2006

"Shared Auto" - The Definitive Hyderabadi Experience

The "Shared Auto" - Let's go for a ride
The Pilot in the front, two boys right beside
Ladies yell - "C'mon Mister, its time to go"
The Pilot nods "I know, I know"

The Rusty Meter - a showpiece on the left
Obscure songs with melody bereft
"Mr. Pilot, Will you stop it please!!"
My Stop arrives. Whew, I’m still in One Piece.

Two more arrive, racing for half a butt
A Traffic Policeman! - "Gotta take a shortcut"
A Cat and Mouse game for the Pilot of today
All savings gone, if the Cat has it's way

What more can I say about this automobile?
A revolution of sorts - Three Wheels and Steel
Middle of the Night, to home I must go
No problemo, I see a "Shared Auto"

2 Comments:

At September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey..this is pretty cool!..laughed out rolling..depicted precisely the typical auricular-artery-bursting shared autos in Hyd !! Reminds me of the torturous pain and violent vibration that my tympanic membranes gotta endure..not a good feeling to remember;)..but nevertheless...a pretty good one!:)

 
At May 13, 2007, Blogger Jamuna said...

I do my best to avoid getting into shared-autos. Extra selavu aanalum parava illa nu seperate auto pudichu poven. Thank god I stay close to office. Getting into those things is hell, especially if you don't have company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home