Sunday, December 25, 2005

Mumbai as I See It [As a result of my stroll from Marine Lines to VT Station]

This road still manages a million feet
Including some Pegions on the Street
Boy and Lass on the sea-front abound
All amiss from a college ground

A Beggar fighting Pegions for grain
If that isn't pain, man am I insane?
Sea Waves lash the shores for a peek
"This coast has nothing to show" - You freak

Many a hawker shutting his door
"There's a Police (a bandit) on the floor"
Huge skyscrappers soaring high
All built by slum dwellers a mile by

Blaring Horns and Busy Crossroads
"Move Fast", says the Signal - "Vehicles here are in hoards"
Churchgate to Eros, or Eros to the Gate
All muttering to themselves - "This is my fate"

Victorian Architectures serving junk food below
Pitstop it is for stomachs that bellow
Trains call from the Victorian Dome
"C'mon my lad, let me take you Home"

Thundering past Station and Slum
This is Mumbai, my dear chum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home