Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Corruption and Conscience - A Conversation

Veiled politician as a thug or veiled thug as a politician
Milking the constitution, given any situation
"And what are you, a law abiding citizen?
Oh don't start yet another lecture and lesson!"

The Journo, the Policeman, the Clerk and the Bureaucrat
Corruption thrives; but none would bell the cat
"Stop this rambling, ranting; and feigned frustration
Go pull up your sleeves and join the agitation"

Our 'leaders' are crooks, thieves and swindlers of the first order
It is they who hath wrought the system in disorder
"There...sitting in an armchair and opinionating,
Thou too are sinful of deceit, debauchery and cheating"

I concede - I too have lied, sinned and bribed
But certainly shant recall them with much pride
"Oho..So here we have a noble Charlatan
Losing his grip and ground one by one"

"I challenge ye to live a life of simplicity and honesty
That by itself shall teach you inner purity"
I'm thankful that thou - my conscience - have a voice
For 'tis only without you that I make more noise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home